3 ripe avocados
1/2 onion, minced
Juice of one fresh lime (or lemon juice)
1/2 teaspoon salt
A dash of freshly grated black pepper
1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
Serve with tortilla chips.
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the chopped onion, lime or lemon, salt and pepper and mash some more.
- Keep the tomatoes separate until ready to serve.
Just before serving, add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix.
- The original recipe called for chilis and cilantro.
- I used a pastry blender to mash it all up.
- A little garlic would be good.