1 large onion, diced
3 c water
1 tbls olive oil
1/2 tsp dried mustard
1/8 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 c ketchup
1/3 c molasses
1/3 c brown sugar
3 tbsp yellow mustard
- Soak beans for 30 minutes as you prep other ingredients. (I soaked them before Mass this morning and made the recipe when I got home.)
- With the cooker's lid off, heat bacon and onion on high until bacon is nearly crisp. About 5 minutes.
- Add the drained beans, water, olive oil, dry mustard, cloves, and pepper. Lock on the lid and coon on high for 20 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- About the same amount of liquid as opening a can of beans so serve with a slotted spoon.
- It would be easy to mess with the flavor a little. These are a little on the sweet side.
- I'd also consider adding 1/4 tsp of liquid smoke. (My new flavor friend, apparently.)
- I'm not sure why all the ingredients couldn't just be added from the start.
- We'll have this for dinner today and I'll probably freeze leftovers for another time.