First of all, Molly's version:
1 medium onion
2 Tbsp butter
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans tomato soup
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 8 oz package cream cheese, cubed
Saute onions in butter. Stir in tomatoes, soup, milk, and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer ten minutes. Stir in cheese until melted (or "melty").
- 2 (on the small side of) medium onions, chopped
- Saute in some butter
- 1 carton of Aldi's Roasted Red Pepper Tomato soup
- a bunch of leaves from my basil plant
- 16 ounces of softened cream cheese
Puree it all with an immersion blender, heat, then add:
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 28 ounce cans of petite diced tomatoes
Heat and serve with buttery croutons.
It was a hit with the Core Team!