- 200 grams (1 2/3 cups) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- a good pinch salt
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter, diced, at room temperature
- 200 grams (1 cup) white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 240ml (1 cup) plain yogurt or fromage blanc or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500 grams (3 cups) blueberries, fresh or frozen (no need to thaw)
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a food processor, mix together the butter and white sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add the yogurt and vanilla, and mix again. Add the flour mixture, and mix again until just combined.
Pour half of the cake batter in the cake pan. Pour half the blueberries over the surface. Cover with the rest of the batter, top with the remaining blueberries, and sprinkle evenly with the brown sugar.
Bake for 1 hour, until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a rack, let stand in the pan for 10 minutes, then unclasp the sides of the pan and let cool completely before serving.