2Tb soy sauce
2tsp fresh ginger minced
2tsp fresh garlic minced
4 green onions divided
1 lb salmon
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a 9×13 baking dish, lightly pepper the salmon on both sides. If using low sodium soy sauce, salt the salmon to taste.
- In a non-reactive bowl or measuring cup, combine the first four ingredients and the thinly sliced green onions
- Pour the mixture over the salmon and let marinate for 20min. You may marinate for up to 30min.
- Bake salmon at 400 for 20min
- I've made this the past two years for Wigilia. It's delicious and easy.
- Garnish with a sprig of herb like thyme or rosemary. The visual effect is totally worth the $$ you're going to pay to get fresh herbs in the middle of winter, even if that part gets thrown away before eating. It's just pretty. I'll add a photo someday when I find it. Until then, just take my word for it. ;-)
- Do not make one piece per person for Wigilia. Lots of us ended up having only half when there is so much other food to consume.