1 tbls. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c shortening
1/2 c milk
1/4 c basil pesto
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan before baking.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients and cut in shortening and pesto until misture looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in the milk until dough leaves the side of bowl. (dough will be soft and sticky)
- Place dough on a lightly floured surfacce. Knead lightly 10 times and roll to 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.