1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c green pepper
1 c milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 16 ounce package frozen hash browns, thawed
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp dill weed
In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, crumble and set aside. In the drippings, saute onion and green pepper until tender; remove with a slotted spoon. Beat eggs and milk. Stir in hash browns, cheese, salt, pepper, dill, onion, peppers and bacon. Transfer to a greased 13X9" pan. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes 6-8 generous servings.
- Sausage is a good substitution for the bacon.
- Onion and peppers are optional (but recommended)
- This could easily be assembled the night before and baked for breakfast or brunch.
- I just halved all the ingredients and baked it in a 9x9" pan and it worked well for 4 of us.
- We tried it as a freeze-ahead meal by freezing before the baking step. Someone will comment on whether this worked or not.