8 ounces, fluid Tomato Sauce
1-½ pound Ground Beef
1 cup Bread Crumbs (I Always Use Italian)
1 whole Egg, Slightly Beaten
1 whole Yellow Onion, Finely Chopped
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce (I Recommend Lea And Perrins
1 teaspoon Thyme, Fresh Or Dried
½ teaspoons Garlic Salt
½ teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Ground Mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Reserve 1/4 cup tomato sauce.
- Combine ground beef, remaining tomato sauce, bread crumbs, egg, onion, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, garlic salt and pepper. Mix together in a large bowl.
- Put mixture in a loaf pan. If you want to cut fat, you can buy a meatloaf pan that has an insert so the fat drains to the bottom.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine reserved tomato sauce, brown sugar and ground mustard. Spread over the top of the loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Pour off grease after 45 minutes, put back in the oven for 15 minutes. Let sit 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Notes: I'd add a little less brown sugar to the topping sauce. This held together well when sliced.