Monday, August 1, 2011

Cucumber Chicken


1 1/2 cucumbers
6 chicken breasts
3 scallions (or green onions)
3 tbls oil
2 lemons
salt, pepper, paprika to taste

Peel cucumbers, cut into quarters lengthwise and remove seeds. Then cube. Blanch them in boiling salted water for 3 minutes and rinse in cold water. Cut onions and cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and saute in the oil until cooked. Add lemon juice and 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil and add spices to taste. Put in cucumbers and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Serve with rice.

NOTES:
I changes the proportions to be more cucumber and less chicken heavy. I used a regular onion instead of green and I only had one lemon, so I added some lemon pepper in addition. In general, this recipe could use more color, but maybe if I hadn't messed with it so much it would be better. (Hello green onion and paprika!)

It tastes good and is a great way to use up garden cucumbers.


No comments: