- 16 buttery crackers (such as Ritz), crushed (about 3⁄4 cup)
- 6 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a bowl, combine the crackers, cheese, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken in the butter, then in the cracker mixture, pressing gently to help the crackers adhere. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle any remaining cracker mixture on the chicken and drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake until the chicken is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
From Real Simple
- I used powdered garlic (thought it would blend better).
- I won't add salt next time. There's enough in the cheddar and crackers.
- It was yummy and looked pretty much like the photo.