1 tbls. butter
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups chicken broth
2 tsp. chopped garlic
1 tbls. dried parsley
1/4 tbls. dried thyme (estimated)
1 dash lemon juice
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the quinoa, and toast, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- In a bowl, toss quinoa together with garlic, parsley, and thyme. Sprinkle with lemon juice, and serve.
- The original recipe is here.
- Browning it in the butter first gave it a bit of a rice-a-roni quality that we all liked. Really, if there were no other seasoning besides this and the broth, it would've been good.
- I think this would freeze really well and will probably double the quantity I make next time for that purpose.
- The original recipe called for vegetarian broth and while our crunchy score would've spiked by using it, I happened to have a carton of Aldi chicken broth around so that's what we used.
- This was really, really good. I'll definitely be looking for this product for a better price.
- Thanks to Holly for the suggestion to try it and thanks to Jen for the subtitle. ;-)