1 1/4 cups milk
1 tbls. butter, melted and cooled
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
- Beat the milk, butter, flour and salt until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Grease pans with butter and put in the preheated oven for two minutes (time it or your butter will over brown)
- Fill buttered popover pan between 1/2 and 3/4 full. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 20 minutes longer or until very firm.
- Remove from oven; prick each with a sharp knife to allow steam to escape. Serve warm.
- Do not open the oven to peek at them while baking!
- There was enough batter for 8, but my (borrowed) pan holds 6. I'll probably want to reconcile that somehow before I try this recipe again.
- UPDATE - for my new mini pan I baked for 10-12 minutes at 450 and then 10-12 at 350.