Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Quiche


I used this formula from Sally's Baking Addiction:

4 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper*
up to 1 cup shredded or crumbled cheese (see recipe note)
up to 2 cups add-ins


Our add-ins were bacon (Costco precooked bits), a bag of spinach (steamed and wrung dry in a piece of cheesecloth and chopped), and smoked Gouda.  I made this one without a crust and it was fine.  Even better, in a way.  I'd definitely do this combo again.

For the second one I used about 3/4 cup asparagus, finely chopped red peppers, and mushrooms, all sauteed a little, and with cheddar.  This one needed either a bolder cheese or some additional seasoning, but was still fine.

I mixed both the night before and left the filling in bowls until I needed it.  It worked well.
I used the cream and milk recommended here.  Logically, it seems like just a cup of 1/2 and 1/2 would be just as good, but I feel like the cream gave it an especially good texture.
Also, fwiw, the one with a crust took a little longer than the crustless one.

Bake @ 350 for about 50 minutes.


No comments: