Friday, January 13, 2023

Pizza crust - Gerardi method

 5 stars!

I used the Sallys Baking Addiction recipe - https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/homemade-pizza-crust-recipe/#tasty-recipes-66436

  • I mixed it at lunch time so it had lots of time for the yeasty taste to develop. (Probably not essential)
  • To bake, I preheated the oven to 475 with a baking sheet inside to heat up.
  • I rolled out the crust on a silicone mat.
  • Brush it with olive oil where the sauce will be to keep it from getting soggy.
  • Add sauce and toppings and slid it onto another inverted baking sheet to make it easier to transfer to the hot pan.
  • When the oven was hot I pulled out the pan and butted up against my inverted baking sheet so I could easily slide it all onto the hot pan. An extra set of hands would probably make all that unnecessary.
  • Bake 10 minutes on the bottom rack and maybe 4 more on the top.
It slid onto a cutting board easily.

NOTES: 
  • Holly uses parchment paper at 450.
  • Johnny uses a silpat and 500 degrees.
  • They both use TJs crust
  • Sallys recipe filled the baking sheet with a thicker crust than I usually make. Next time I’ll probably try 2 thinner crusts.
  • Fwiw, I added Italian seasoning and garlic powder to the crust. It was good.



No comments: