2 3-oz. pkg. Oriental-flavored ramen noodles
3 cups cut-up frozen Oriental mix vegetables
1 ¼ cups water
¼ cup peanut butter
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. crushed red pepper
13 oz. can chicken breast, drained
1 8-oz. can sliced water chestnuts, drained
¼ cup chopped peanuts
- Set aside one seasoning packet from noodles to use in recipe; store remaining packet for another use.
- In a large saucepan bring 2 quarts water to boiling. Break up noodles slightly and add to water along with vegetables. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan whisk together the 1 ¼ cups water, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, crushed red pepper, and seasoning packet. Whisk until smooth.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Add chicken and water chestnuts; heat through.
- Add to noodle mixture in saucepan. Toss to combine. Top with peanuts.