- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- black pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 400° F. Mix cheese, butter, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and pulse once or twice to moisten.
- Place the chicken in an 8-inch baking dish; season with ¼ teaspoon pepper and sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until crumbs are golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- The cheese is salty enough that no extra is necessary.
- The crumb topping keeps the chicken very moist.
- Adapted from this.