Sunday, April 15, 2012

Microwave Lemon Curd

1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted

In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest and butter. Cook in the microwave for one minute intervals, stirring after each minute until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the microwave, and pour into small sterile jars. Store for up to three weeks in the refrigerator.

NOTES:
  • Super sour and delicious!
  • Mine took about 13 minutes in the microwave, roughly the same as making it the traditional, stovetop way, but I didn't have to worry about it scorching. It didn't require my full attention.J
  • The original recipe also calls for the zest from 3 lemons. I didn't add this, but it would be a really nice addition.
  • I doubled the recipe for my tea party for about 100. (It took longer than 13 minutes to thicken.)
  • I made a trial batch about 6 weeks ago and it's still good in the refrigerator.

No comments: