Sunday, October 2, 2011

Peanut Butter Brownies


This is becoming my go-to way of dressing up plain brownies. Adapted from this recipe, I just add the peanut butter filling to a 9 x 13 batch of brownies. A couple notes: 1) Making the PB filling as written gives you brownies that are at least half PB. If you don't want that much, use scant measurements or half it. 2) These seem to keep better than regular brownies, no doubt due to all the extra fat. They'd probably mail well.

Peanut butter mixture:
  • ½ cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. Mix brownies as directed, pour into prepared pan.
  2. Mix all peanut butter filling ingredients, then spoon it out on top of brownie batter.
  3. Using a knife or spoon (or finger if you want, I guess), swirl them together.
  4. Bake as directed on brownie mix.


6 comments:

Jenni said...

This looks awesome! Do you think you could use salted butter and omit the added salt?

Margaret Mary said...

I'm going to make them right now. I'll let you know.

Gianna said...

Oh, yeah. I missed the unsalted part both times I've made them, and they've been fine. ~Whoops~

Jenni said...

Every time I look at this blog, I see that picture and start craving peanut butter and chocolate. Can we make these when I get home? :)

Margaret Mary said...

I did make them recently but forgot to comment. I think I'd try it with a slightly smaller proportion of the peanut butter mixture; maybe 2/3 of the recipe. It's super-yummy (apologies Jen), but there were quite a few places where I had all peanut butter and almost no chocolate.

Dominick said...

Your all the blog is just amazing and I just become surprised whenever I see your blogs. But yet you didn't make any content about baklava. So, can you please make one of this with your own recipe. Because I want to follow your all the recipe's.