1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized freezer bag, zip close & place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve over rice.
- Sorry, but I didn't get a photo on this one.
- I'm intrigued by the idea of freeze-ahead meals for the crockpot and decided to start here. I'll post my findings as I try more.
- I didn't use the red pepper (just extra green) - too expensive at this time of year.
- I used Johnsonville Brats, and they were good, but it would probably be better with Italian sausage.
- Also, I started with room temperature ingredients and cooked it on low for about 7 hours. This was definitely more time than it needed.
- It would be very easy to extend with a larger can of tomatoes or more sausage.
- It was good. I'd make it again.