Makes about 2 cups
½ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup yellow mustard seeds
¼ cup brown mustard seeds
¼ cup beer or water
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
1. Combine vinegar, mustard seeds, and beer in medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for at least 8 hours and up to 2 days.
2. Process soaked mustard seeds with sugar and salt in food processor until coarsely ground and thickened, about 1 minute, scraping down bowl as necessary.
3. Transfer mustard to container and let stand at room temperature until it achieves desired spiciness, then refrigerate for up to 2 months.
- We were in a bit of a hurry to get this started so just lightly processed the seeds in the little electric coffee grinder first and basically skipped the first step.
- On the "beer or water" option, use beer.
- Very good, would definitely make again!