I made this in the crock pot today using boneless ribs I had left over from the adventure in the photo.
They were very easy and adding the baking step at the end made them better than the average, overcooked crock pot meat.
3 pounds baby back ribs, trimmed
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup water
1/2 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Pour water into slow cooker. Layer the ribs into the slow cooker. Top the ribs with onion and garlic.
- Cook on High for 4 hours (or Low for 8 hours).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet. Discard onion and garlic. Coat ribs with barbeque sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven until the sauce caramelizes and sticks to the meat, 10 to 15 minutes.
- I used boneless ribs
- and less barbecue sauce than called for
- Very easy with a better than average finish. Quick enough to do after work.