1 pkg taco seasoning mix
3/4 c water
1 16 ounce can kidney beans, undrained
1 11 ounce can corn w/ sweet peppers, drained
3 1/4 cups bisquick
1 c milk
3 c shredded cheese
- Brown the hamburger, add water, seasoning mix, beans and corn. Bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, mix milk and bisquick and form biscuits.
- Put meat mixture into a sprayed 9 x 13 dish.
- top with at least half of the cheese and then place the biscuits on top of the hot meat mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until the biscuits are lightly browned.
- Take out of the oven, top with remaining cheese and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Very easy and we all liked it.
- Next time, change the meat to 1 pound, put it in a 9x9 baking dish and use half a batch of biscuits. (We thought the meat to biscuit ratio was pretty low.)
- Regarding the biscuits - this recipe could be made easier with a can of refrigerator biscuits. It could be made tastier with a home made biscuit recipe. Really, any would work.
- This could be a freezer meal. Just package the cooked meat mixture in a ziploc and package it with the right amount of cheese and a pack of frozen biscuits. Assemble before serving, but it's probably worth noting that the meat would need to be reheated before assembly. (Not sure if that's important or not, but the original recipe specifically says "hot."