- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
For the Lemon Oregano Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice and finely minced zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tbsp dried oregano)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Bring the water, salt and quinoa to a boil over low heat.
- Cover and simmer slowly for 15 to 20 minutes until the grains are cooked but still a little firm to the bite.
- Remove from heat and add the tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, olives and green onion.
- Toss everything together with the Lemon Oregano Dressing.
- For the Lemon Oregano Dressing
- Whisk together the olive oil, honey, lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the salad while warm and toss very well.
- Healthy, easy, good for several days, uses garden ingredients I have now.
- I got this recipe from Deb L. She added cubed avocado and really liked it.