No matter how you pronounce it, these flavors are great together! ;-)
1/2 c flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 c dry bread crumbs
1 tbls. melted butter
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
3 tbls. minced fresh basil
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tbls. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt (or less)
1/4 tsp pepper
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in the flour, then in eggs. Place in a sprayed baking dish.
- Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over chicken.
- Loosely cover the baking dish with foil. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer until top is browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients (tomato, etc.)
- Put each serving on a plate and top with a little bruschetta for those who aren't foolish enough to think tomatoes are yucky.
- Italian herb seasoned crumbs would've been great too.
- I usually add more garlic to just about everything and did this time also. That was really not the best idea. Next time, I'll just dutifully stick to 2 cloves.
- I had 5 chicken breasts and actually there was a lot of topping. I could've done 6.