1 c steel cut oats
3-1/2 c water
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c sugar
- With the cooker's lid off, heat butter on high until melted.
- Add the oats, water, cinnamon and salt. Lock the pressure cooker's lid and set for 5 minutes on high.
- Perform a quick release to release the cooker's pressure.
- Stir in brown sugar (original recipe also says to store in 1/4 c of milk).
- This worked well and actually took a reasonable amount of cooking time (plug in to pressure release), but there was lots of liquid that had not yet absorbed by the end of the cooking time. All of this extra liquid was absorbed about a half hour later.
- It made 4 servings. I packaged them to reheat for breakfasts this week.
- Using apple juice instead of water would probably be worth a try.
- I'd add fruit (raisins, craisins, or granny smith apples) before cooking next time.
- Definitely good. Could easily be doubled.